I. Course Description:
This course is designed for upper and mid-level managers to sharpen their skills as manager/directors in managing their organizations and subordinates effectively. The course will help managers to better use of their management skills to improve their work performance. This course will give participants the tools for improved self-assessment, understanding organizational structures and policy, conflict management, performance management, managing difficult staff, and implementing change. The course is for the active interchange of ideas and sharing of participant experiences from a broad range of job functions and organizations from both government and Non-Governmental Organizations. This training will use participatory methods in self-evaluations, role-play exercises, and group discussion, and cases.
After completing this training course, participants will be able to:
1. Design organizational structures for its purpose;
2. Formulate basic organizational policies and procedures in their own workplace;
3. Apply appropriate conflict resolution approaches to manage work situation;
4. Identify and manage staff performance with challenging work objectives and standards;
5. Apply appropriate concepts of change for implementing work in their own organizational development.
III. Course Outline
A. Understanding Organizational Structures and Policy
1. An organizational overview
2. Lines of authority and communication
3. Types of organizational structures and charts
4. Identifying needs & managerial responsibilities for policy
5. Process for formulating policies in workplace
6. Case and exercise: policy development
B. Conflict Management& Resolution
1. What is conflict?
- Questions to consider-An exercise
2. Types of conflict
3. Sources of organizational conflict
4. Reducing conflict
5. Resolving conflict and effective conflict management
a. Dealing with conflict: My way-An exercise
b. Questions & answers
c. Case “what is wrong with my staff?”
C. Performance Management & Managing Difficult Staff
1. Performance management
a. Setting work objectives
b. Monitoring work progress
c. Follow-up work and feedback
2. Managing difficult staff
a. Reasons for inadequate performance
b. Improved staff performance
c. Techniques to solve problem with staff who neglected or broke the rules
d. Cases and exercises
D. Implementing Changes
1. What is change?
2. Forces for change
3. Types of changes in companies/NGO/organization
4. Managerial responses to pressure change
5. The process of change
6. Overcoming resistance to change
7. Approaches to planned change
Who should attend: Management or supervisory staff of Companies,NGOs and government ministries.
Languages: Khmer language will be used by our professional trainers for the course with some technical English terms and handout is in Khmer and English.
Training Venue: G-Mekong Hotel,Mondol Kiri, Tonle Basac, Training Studio in Phnom Penh
Training Timing: 8:00am till 5:00pm two full intensive days
Free: Handout in Khmer and English- Handout in both hard copy and soft copy - Lunch for two days - Snack all training time – Software Tools for the course- Certificate of Attendance - Coaching after the course, Soft PTT, Training report if needed.
Course Insurance: Workflow and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development for your department, working Manual, regular mentoring and 2 follow up sessions for trained participnats (100 % charge to the training fee)
Registration: a- The first 5 participants will be 5 % discount if prepayment and b- 5 % discount for the former participants
To register, kindly send us the followings via email or SMS: (your name, Tel, company & position) to email@example.com or 092 220 316 / 016 623 934. The deadline of the registration is a day before the course.
Payment Method: Pre-payment or payment upon arrival is necessary.
The training courses are not listed in our schedule, please contact us for your specific needs to improve your organizational work performance.